There are a few thnigs to do that will help your case after a car accident:
1. Follow your doctor's instructions and don't skip appointments.
2. Take digital photos of your car and your injuries.
3. Make sure the accident is reported to the police and get a copy of any statement you give.
4. You may settle and release your property damage claim with the other person's car insurance company.
5. You may give a statemnt to you own car insurance company if requested. Get a copy.
6. Cooperate with the police and if subpoenaed, appear at any court hearing.