Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 579-3262
Phone: (709) 579-4000
Ches Crosbie Barristers

What do I do after a car accident?

If you've been in a road accident there are a few key things you should remember to do to help your claim.

For starters, contact the police to report the accident if there is at least $2000 damage (it used to be that you should report an accident if there was at least $1000 damage, but that has changed). Get contact information for the driver and passengers of the other vehicle(s) and any witnesses. You should also get information on the vehicle(s) involved in the collision, and of course take pictures if you have a smart phone with you.

For a complete step-by-step process of what to do after a car collision, click this link. You can even print it off and keep it in your car just in case.