Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 579-3262
Phone: (709) 579-4000
Ches Crosbie Barristers

Should I talk with the other driver's insurance adjuster after an accident?

We recommend that you do not speak with the insurance adjuster or sign any forms until you speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. If the lawyer tells you that you have a case, you can tell the insurance adjuster to speak with your lawyer from that point on.

The problem with speaking to the insurance adjuster is that any statement you make may be used against you later. (Ask the insurance adjuster if you can record a statement from the person who hit you! They'll most likely say no).