Did you know that nearly 20% of traffic fatalities involving children below the age of 15 are the result of pedestrian-type accidents?
Also, did you know that the majority of these tragic incidents occur between 3 PM and 4PM?
Now that school is back in session and it is getting dark earlier, it is REALLY important for motorists to take extra precautions while driving in school zones and neighborhoods.
Here are 6 safety tips for drivers which will help keep all of our children safe:
- Slow Down!
- Make your vehicle visible to students and other drivers by turning on your headlights.
- Obey ALL traffic signs and school crossing guards.
- Avoid distractions while driving. In other words, STOP TEXTING AND TALKING ON YOUR CELL PHONE.
- Pay attention and watch out for children.
- Allow extra time to travel through a school zone or neighborhood.