Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 579-3262
Phone: (709) 579-4000
Ches Crosbie Barristers

Lawyers Get Hitched, Take Buddymoon

Comments (1)

Jessica Dellow Wedding Photo

 

Lawyer Jessica Dellow at Ches Crosbie Barristers recently married Nick Crosbie, another lawyer in St. John’s. We interviewed Jessica on her work at Ches Crosbie Barristers, her background, and her husband.

How long have you been at Ches Crosbie Barristers?

Just three years now. I moved here at the end of August in 2009 and I started working here in September 2009.

What do you like about the firm and your work here?

The firm is a great place to work because it’s a nice size. The lawyers and support staff know each other really well and we all get along really well.  In terms of the work that we do, probably the most satisfying aspect of it is the direct client contact we have at an early stage in our career. You really feel like you’re helping people with ordinary real life problems and that’s very satisfying.

What kinds of cases do you spend most of your time on?

I would say that approximately 90% of my time is spent helping people who have been involved in either car accidents or who have injured themselves by falling. The remaining 10% of my time is split between medical malpractice files and class actions.

Where did you grow up and where did you go to law school?

I grew up in a small town called Dawson Creek in northern British Columbia. I did an undergraduate degree in Edmonton, Alberta and when I decided to go to law school, I wanted to see Eastern Canada. I ended up in Halifax at Dalhousie Law School thinking I would go back and practice in Alberta.

You were married this August. Where did you meet your husband?

Between my second and third year of law school I was working at a law firm in Calgary as a summer student. My now husband, Nick, was also working at the firm and we met at a party the firm had to welcome the summer students to the firm.

Where does Nick practice and what kind of law is he practicing?

Nick has a completely different focus in his legal career. He has just started a new job as an in-house lawyer with an energy company.

I hear you went on a buddymoon instead of a honeymoon. Tell us about that.

Nick and I were married on August 25, 2012 and we had a lot of guests that came from away, including some friends that came from Alberta and who had never been to Newfoundland before. They decided that they were going to stay for a holiday after the wedding, so we decided we would tag along with them. We went to Trinity for five nights and rented a really great home with our friends and then toured around the Trinity Bight doing hikes, looking for puffins, and catching up with our friends. It was really fun, although a lot of the people we came across were surprised to hear we were honeymooning with five other adults and three children!

1 Comments:
Congratulations Jessica & to your new hubby on your recent marriage. May you have sunshine ahead & many moments of making special memories. My daughter also had a buddymoon; she is living in Maple Ridge, BC & came home to get married. Many of her friends came as well who had never been to NL, so her & Nelson felt that they have a lifetime to be together, so even me (her Mom)& Tyrone went on her buddymoon. Everyone had a great time & it was very special. Hopes for blessings to follow you both.
Posted by Linda Bishop on September 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."

Name:*

Email:* (will not be published)

Message:*

Notify me of follow-up comments via email.