Newfoundland and Labrador Accident, Malpractice, and Class Action Lawyers
The law isn’t easy to understand. That’s why people need lawyers to interpret the law and act for them. We believe in empowering victims of accident and injury with information so they can better understand how the law might impact them, if they have a case, or even whether they should talk to lawyer.
If you live in Newfoundland and Labrador, you can receive any of our three books FREE. Visit this page to order 7 Deadly Sins that could Wreck Your Injury Claim, Why Most Medical Malpractice Victims Never Recover a Dime, and The Shocking Truth About Wrongful Death. We also provide a FREE consultation if you want to speak with a lawyer.
The lawyers at Ches Crosbie Barristers are committed to fair and ethical legal fees and we guarantee to fight for your rights. Check out our reviews and testimonials while you’re on our website. They speak for themselves.
Our firm is dedicated to making our community a safer place through advocating road safety. We do an annual bicycle helmet give-away and work with the Coalition Advocating for Road Safety (CARS) to equip and educate our fellow community members.
Our Credentials Speak for Themselves
Now that we’ve told you all this, you might be wondering about the credentials of our founder, Ches Crosbie:
- Ches Crosbie has been fighting for people against insurance companies since 1983
- He has been a leader in providing useful legal information to the consumer since 1991
- He is listed in the Lexpert website, which offers a peer-reviewed list of recommended lawyers
- He is on the Board of Governors of the American Association for Justice
- He is the founder and past President of the Atlantic Provinces Trial Lawyers Association
- He was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 2004
- He is an advocate of the National College of Advocacy
- He was appointed as a Master of the Supreme Court in 2009
- He has attained impressive case results, including the largest accident and injury award by a trial court in Atlantic Canada, and his “pioneering” work in injury law has been favorably reviewed by judges
- He has built a team of top accident and injury lawyers, including lawyers Darlene Russell , Pamela Taylor, and Jessica Dellow who are dedicated to the proposition that no case is settled until it’s settled right!
Ches Crosbie Barristers
169 Water Street, 4th Floor
St. John's, NL
Telephone: 709.579.4000 or 1.888.579.3262
Fax: 709. 579.9671
Serving residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, including those in St. John’s, the Avalon Peninsula, the Trinity Conception area, Bay Roberts, Harbour Grace-Carbonear, Clarenville, Gander, Grand Falls, and Corner Brook.
Our “boutique” practice is focused on the following areas:
No matter the type of car accident you’ve been involved in – speeding, drug or alcohol impairment, highway accident, lane change accident, side or rear impact collision, truck accident, pedestrian accident – our motor vehicle injury lawyers have handled them all. Ches Crosbie Barristers also knows about the types of injuries that these accidents cause, including whiplash, sprain and strain injuries, bone fractures, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, wrongful death and more.
Ches Crosbie Barristers was founded in Newfoundland and Labrador in 1991 to help people injured by the fault or negligence of others. The accident and injury category includes car wrecks, but also people injured in slips, trips and falls and other unsafe conditions on property, boating accidents, ATV and snowmobile accidents, accidents involving aircraft, and defective products and equipment.
Any time you go to the doctor or you spend time in the hospital, you put your faith in the nurses, doctors, and other hospital staff with the expectation that they will take good care of you. Unfortunately, this does not always happen, and medical mistakes result in serious injuries and sometimes death. Sadly, we have seen many cases where our clients were injured by the negligence of doctors, nurses, and hospitals. You don’t deserve to suffer without compensation for the rest of your life because of a medical mistake.
Ches Crosbie Barristers has pioneered class action lawsuits in Newfoundland and Labrador. Class actions allow individuals with similar claims to band together and present their case on a more even footing with big defendants. This is yet another way in which our innovative firm has leveled the playing field for the consumer. Our firm was the first in Atlantic Canada to obtain a class action certification and the first to achieve a court approved class action settlement. Click on this practice area title to read about the various class actions that Ches Crosbie Barristers is currently involved with, including the moose class action and Newfoundland and Labrador residential schools class action.